Using an occupation based kit is a great way to integrate more real-to-life activities in your hospital or SNF facility when it can be a challenge to replicate these task in the typical healthcare environment. They can easily be graded up or down based on the patient’s cognition, sensory integration, social participation or physical ability after completion of an activity analysis.
Just grab a container, throw in your supplies and they are ready to go and are especially helpful when you have older gentlemen that you want to integrate occupation based interventions for, but never seem to have what you need. What a great way to promote independence through activity!
Occupation Based Kit Ideas
- Car Washing Kit // University of Utah College of Health – Division of OT
- Child Care Kit // University of Utah College of Health – Division of OT
- Coffee Making Kit
- Electrical Wiring Kit// University of Utah College of Health – Division of OT
- Event Planning Kit // University of Utah College of Health – Division of OT
- Gift Wrapping Kit
- House Cleaning Kit
- Laundry Kit
- Gardening Kit
Want a printable Occupation Based Kit Supply List?
Sign up below and get access to this and all the resources available in the Free Level of the OT Flourish Membership
- Leisure Exploration Kit
- Medication Management // That Speech Gal – Also check out the FREE sample prescription labels to use
- Pet Care Kit // University of Utah College of Health – Division of OT
- Tea Making Kit
- Transportation Kit